c/o Emerging Communications Ltd.
House: 60, Floor: 2 & 3
Block: F, Road: 8 & 9, Banani, Dhaka 1213
ECL takes your privacy very seriously
In general, you can visit ECL’s websites without telling us who you are and without revealing any information about yourself. There are times, however, when we may need information from you.
ECL does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except: (a) to provide products or services you’ve requested; (b) when we have your permission: or (c) under the following circumstances:
1. We provide the information to trusted entities who work on behalf of or with ECL under strict confidentiality agreements. These entities may use your personal information to help ECL communicate with you about offers from ECL and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to further share or disseminate this information;
2. We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
3. We believe it is necessary to share the information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action against any illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law.
4. We transfer information about you if ECL is acquired by or merged with another company.
5. You may choose to give us personal information such as your name and address or e-mail identification address (‘ID’) that may be needed, for example, to correspond with you, for you to download our white papers or to provide you with subscription information. We intend to protect the quality and integrity of your personally identifiable information.
6. We will make a sincere effort to respond in a timely manner to your requests to correct inaccuracies in your personal information. To correct inaccuracies in your personal information, please return the message containing the inaccuracies to the sender.
7. ECL’s websites are not directed at nor targeted at children. No one who has not reached the age of thirteen may use the websites unless supervised by an adult.
Cookies and other technologies
We sometimes collect anonymous information from visits to our sites to help us provide better customer service. For example, we keep track of the domains from which people visit and we also measure visitor activity on ECL web sites, but we do so in ways that keep the information of the visitor anonymous. ECL or its affiliates or vendors may use this data to analyze trends and statistics and to help us provide better customer service. We maintain the highest levels of confidentiality for this information. Our affiliates and vendors follow the same high levels of confidentiality. This anonymous information is used and analyzed only at an aggregate level to help us understand trends and patterns. None of this information is reviewed at an individual level. If you do not want your transaction details used in this manner, you can either disable your cookies or opt-out at the download or request page.
ECL may, if you so choose, send direct mailers to you at the address given by you.
ECL recognizes the receipt, transmission or distribution of spam emails (i.e. unsolicited bulk emails) as a major concern and has taken reasonable measures to minimize the transmission and effect of spam emails in our computing environment. All emails received by ECL are subject to spam check in coordination with SPAMHAUS subscription service. Any email identified as spam will be rejected with sufficient information to the sender for taking necessary action. With this measure, along with other technical spam reduction measures, ECL hopes to minimize the effect of spam emails. ECL reserves the right to reject and/or report any suspicious spam emails, to the authorities concerned, for necessary action.
Links to Non-ECL websites
We may also provide social media features on our website that enable you to share ECL information with your social networks and to interact with ECL on various social media sites. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that could be shared by those sites.
Changes to this Policy
Please note that this Policy may change from time to time. We will not reduce your rights under this Policy without your explicit consent. We will post any Policy changes on this page and, if the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice (including, for certain services, email notification of Policy changes). We will also keep prior versions of this Policy in an archive for your review.